The decision has been made… you want a new garage but how do you decide on what type of garage to have?
Choosing between concrete and brick garages is a tricky decision as both types have similar characteristics including:
– Durable and stand the test of time
– Strong material
– Attractive finish to enhance the appearance of your home
– Will add value to your property
In addition brick and concrete garages do have their own distinctive strengths and weaknesses.
Brick Garages have been around for much longer compared to concrete garages and have many advantages including:
– Cheaper to construct
– Quick and simple to install
– Easy to maintain
– Stores heat and maintains warmth
– Can prevent noise from entering the building
However there are also several disadvantages to using brick garages including:
– They can add weight to the foundation
– Costly to repair if they ever get damaged
– Difficult to modify once constructed
Concrete is the most recent material for garage construction and it has several advantages including:
– Able to withstand a variety of compression forces
– Workable and durable composite material for longevity
– Easy to install
– Can be made to form any shape to suit your needs
– Energy efficient as it will keep the garage at a constant temperature at all times
– Provides excellent protection against fire, extreme weather and noise
– Able to be modified over time
Concrete garages do have some disadvantages and these include:
– Thy require more care and attention to maintain
– Precautions must be undertaken during casting otherwise crack may appear
– Small ground movement could cause damage e.g. cracks
As you can see there are merits for using concrete and also advantages for using brick to construct a new garage.
Concrete Garages and brick garages are both strong and durable composites but the main consideration to take into account when deciding on which garage to build is what will best suit your personal taste in terms of appearance, budget, usage and the type of property you live in. Therefore before you commit to buying a concrete or brick garage make sure you have discussed your requirements and specific considerations with a trustworthy, experienced and reputable garage manufacturer.
The final thing to mention is that the cost of brick and concrete garages regularly changes, with the price of raw materials constantly moving. If there is a major time lapse between when you obtain a quote to when you make your decision, make sure you re-contact your supplier as the quote may be invalid.
kontraktor rumah bina rumah pinjaman lppsa pengeluaran kwsp spesifikasi rumah rumah ibs pelan rumah rekabentuk rumah bina rumah atas tanah sendiri kontraktor rumah selangor rumah banglo
Source by Phil Denton
bina rumah atas tanah sendiri
kontraktor rumah selangor