If as a house purchaser you want to get assured that price quoted is right & defects do not surface after the house is purchased leading to extra expenditure then a home inspection is necessary. Additionally, it opens up an opportunity for you as well as your property agent to bargain with the seller on reducing the price in case there are defects in the house.
What is Buyer’s Role?
The main thing for you as a buyer to do at the time of the home inspection is to get all the information about the house so that you are aware of the problems which exist. You should not hesitate to ask questions even if they sound very simple or insignificant.
Home Inspection – What it consists of?
The main aim of a home inspection is to find our problems that are present in the house. Problems can exist in:
- Roof, where there could be asphalt shingles which are deteriorating, the ridges may be sagging, slits which are wider than normal, roof vents which are quite visible and roof deck in de-laminated condition.
- Chimneys, with missing mortar, masonry caps which have been cracked or chimneys which are leaning.
- Gutter/Downspouts, where slope of gutter is not directed to downspouts and downspouts that are far away from the foundation.
- Wall coverings, with flaking bricks, sidings which are rotting, exterior walls which have started leaning and missing mortar.
- Foundation, where masonry is damaged and soft mortar has started appearing.
- Basement & walls/floors, with water pipes which are corroded, walls with loose plaster, basement having water penetration and drywall seams.
- Electrical fittings, where heating/cooling system is very old and electrical outlets are ungrounded.
Some of the other problems which are traced during inspection consist of things like checking whether electrical wiring has been done as per government regulations, condition of power connections, fire safety norms have been followed or not, if radon test has been done, whether wooden beams have been damaged due to termite problem, is there a mold problem and several similar conditions.
Thus as we can see the main goal of any home inspection is to figure out if the house you are going to purchase is in good condition or not so that you do not have to face problems after purchasing it. The seller may not always tell you about the problems house has or he may not be aware of it and a home inspector will be the right person to judge the condition house is in.
kontraktor rumah bina rumah pinjaman lppsa pengeluaran kwsp spesifikasi rumah rumah ibs pelan rumah rekabentuk rumah bina rumah atas tanah sendiri kontraktor rumah selangor rumah banglo
Source by John Fordyce
bina rumah atas tanah sendiri
kontraktor rumah selangor