If you visit any popular tourist destination, you will see beautiful masterpieces of architecture, renovation, and interior design in the form of magnificent skyscrapers, landscaped gardens, shopping malls and plush hotels. Spending time at these places is an aesthetic and visual treat making you return for more.
Renovation is undeniably the most important element in making your house your ‘home’. You spend most of your time at home for safety, solace, and relaxation. The way your home is designed accounts for the way you lead your life. A busy schedule at work leaves you often very tired and flustered. You crave for a change in environment to de-stress in the company of your loved ones.
In many countries today, people have no option but to reside in high-rise apartments which offer limited space. Creating space for your household goods in a way that it does not hamper your daily movement is often a tedious and time-consuming task. Making the most of limited space is a creative task and most often requires engaging professional help. Thus, renovation comes handy and useful in making the most of your living space. It allows you to spend more time at home by making your daily living comfortable and pleasurable. It is a long-term investment aimed at ensuring years of happiness.
Choosing the Right Interior Designer
The first step before renovating is to choose and hire the right interior designer for your house. Some tips that can come handy and save you any problems in the future are –
1. Keep your options open – You must contact at least three to four interior designers and obtain their quotes. Ensure that you specify the same requirement to each of them so that you get a fair idea of why and what they are charging you. You must ask the designer regarding the quality of materials to be used, the time frame and services while obtaining an estimate. Do keep enough time in your hands to carry out the renovation so that you don’t end up paying a higher fee.
2. Check for registration – Registration with the housing authorities will ensure that your interior designer will be able to obtain any permits and handle any technical issues that may arise during the renovation of your house. If you live in a private residential property, you may be required to obtain approval from organisations such as the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and the Building & Construction Authority (BCA) for some types of renovation works.
3. Read the contract carefully – While reading the contract you must ensure that every item that has been discussed is included in the contract, there are no hidden costs and you have read through the fine print carefully.
4. Supervise the renovation – This will help you to identify any lapses and bring it up during the renovation. Also, you will maintain a good rapport with your contractor.
5. Payment terms – Do not make payments upfront. This must be done in a progressive manner through the duration of the renovation. The balance payment should be made once the project is complete. Keep all receipts of payments to avoid any problems. Tell the contractor if you are not happy with the standard of renovation.
By keeping the above points in mind before hiring an interior designer, you can ensure that the renovation of your house is a hassle-free process.
kontraktor rumah bina rumah pinjaman lppsa pengeluaran kwsp spesifikasi rumah rumah ibs pelan rumah rekabentuk rumah bina rumah atas tanah sendiri kontraktor rumah selangor rumah banglo
Source by Ruchira Prasad
bina rumah atas tanah sendiri
kontraktor rumah selangor